Kids Kollege Preschool is seeking an Early Childhood Educator to join our team. Our preschool learning environment makes early learning tangible through play. It encompasses ways to develop the whole child through physical, social, emotional, creative and cognitive development.
ECE’s encourage play-based learning opportunities rooted in the children’s interests and facilitate each child’s desire to explore, discover and learn.
Our ECE team works collaboratively to plan, organize and initiate activities to help children develop and learn intellectually, focusing on social/emotional regulation strategies, creative concepts, fine/gross motor skills, listening skills, following basic directions and routines.
Early Childhood Education (ECE) certification: Level 1, 2 or 3 preferred
- First Aid and CPR
- Child intervention record check
- Criminal record check with a vulnerable sector search
Early Childhood Educators Specific Skills
- Knowledge of provincial licensing regulations
- Provide thorough and active supervision of students at all times
- Establish and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
- Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children through observations and reflections
- Collaborate in programming development that supports and promotes the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- Teach basic skills such as colours, shapes, number and letter recognition
- Teach and incorporate developmentally appropriate behavioural strategies within the classroom and assist in positive redirection of behaviours as necessary
- Lead activities by telling or reading stories, incorporating finger plays and teaching songs
- Provide opportunities for children to express creativity through art, dramatic play, music and physical activity
- Guide and assist children to develop proper eating, dressing, hand washing and hygiene habits
- Discuss progress and/or concerns with parents and other staff members
- Maintain confidentiality and a respectful work environment
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and the board of directors
- Follow directions given by the lead teacher, the board of directors and the licensing officer
Commensurate with education and experience
Our preschool is a not-for-profit organization run by a volunteer board of directors located within Crowsnest Pass, Alberta.
Please forward a copy of your resume and cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (board president)
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Selected individuals will be contacted for an interview.