The finance comptroller, under the direction of the Aakom-Kiyii Health Services manager, will primarily be responsible to develop and control annual budget and long-term financial plans.
This position will administer the organization’s funds according to the approved budget and monitor its financial expenditures.
The finance comptroller will also develop and implement short- and long-term financials plans and forecasts in accordance with business goals and objectives.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Develop and control annual budget and long-term financial plans
- Administer the organizations funds according to the approved budget and monitor its financial expenditures
- Prepare reports that outline financial position in the areas of income, expense and earnings based on past, present and future operations
- Ensure that the AKHS committee is kept fully informed on the financial condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it
- Establish the financial and administrative control of AKHS
- Facilitate any auditing conducted by third parties to ensure effective resolution and swift close of auditing activities
- Co-ordinate financial activities, general accounting, payroll, special projects accounting, financial planning and reporting
- Supervise and assist in the development and maintenance of accounting files and records
- Ensure accuracy and adheres to the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Adhere to traditional First Nations Practice protocol(s) when engaging with Piikani members and clients
Experience and Education
- Bachelor of Management degree with a major in finance or related fields
- 5+ years of experience working in the finance industry
- Experience working within a First Nation community and with government funded projects
- Advanced proficiency with accounting software including payroll functions
- Proficient in spreadsheet programs and applications
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret goals, objectives and policies
- Strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Application for finance comptroller must include:
Cover letter, resume, degree and other pertinent certifications and current Criminal Record Check
Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found
Attention: Human Resources – email email@example.com
No late submissions will be accepted. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Aakom-Kiyii Health Services would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position.