SASCI seeks a Fund Development Specialist
Sunday, 23 May 2021. Posted in Shootin' the Breeze
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to make a real difference to the future of small rural communities?
The Southwest Alberta Sustainable Community Initiative (SASCI) is seeking proposals for a one-year full-time contract position as a fund development specialist, which SASCI may develop into a longer-term position.
Working out of SASCI’s Pincher Creek office in scenic southwest Alberta and reporting to SASCI’s fund development team, the fund development specialist will support and lead internal and external initiatives focused on growing community investment and improving investment impact.
The fund development specialist will have an extraordinary opportunity to help community investors, community organizations and community volunteers in building the social and economic resilience of their communities.
The fund development specialist will help SASCI determine the optimal solution for establishing a philanthropic foundation to support regional community development, delivering presentations to the SASCI board, local governments and other community investment stakeholders.
The fund development specialist will then help to establish the foundation and reach out to philanthropic investors within the region and beyond.
Scope of Work
• Identify the most suitable solution for establishing a philanthropic foundation to support community development in southwest Alberta
• Implement the preferred solution, working closely with SASCI’s fund development team
• Initiate and cultivate productive relationships with community volunteers, community investors and other key stakeholders
• Document and respond to all inquiries from prospective investors, promptly and professionally
• Co-ordinate and facilitate stakeholder engagements, sometimes on evenings and weekends
• Provide guidance and information to prospective investors around their options for investing and related benefits to the investor
• Manage investor relationships and investor recognition
• Assist in strategy development, financial forecasting and tracking of key performance metrics
• Represent SASCI in internal and external engagements, properly and professionally
• Innovate to improve efficiency and productivity of business procedures and processes
• Additional responsibilities as required
Required Skills, Attributes and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or a suitable combination of training and work experience
• Willingness to take on challenges and tasks with a high level of initiative
• Client-focused with strong motivation and ability to understand and respond to client needs
• Highly developed interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational, multitasking and project management skills
• Detail-oriented with exceptional time management skills
• Skilled in the use of videoconferencing platforms and online productivity platforms (MS Office, etc.)
• Previous experience in establishing and building a philanthropic foundation
• 1 to 3 years of experience in dynamic customer-facing service roles
Email proposals to email@example.com with subject line ‘Proposal for SASCI Fund Development Specialist.’